Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
6th June 2012

I was wondering what the plans are for Normandy this year. What do people think about doing something different on 6th June instead of our usual visit to Arromanches. What about a ride somewhere together. Some ofnusnthink we might alsomgonto Pegasus Bridge for the midnight gathering on 5th June. I would welcome all thoughts? Cheers John

Re: 6th June 2012

Oops! Sorry about the typos. My iPad has a life of its own.

I was under the impression that not to many people were going to Normandy this year so I thought to skip this year myself too. But I wouldn't mind going if I knew others were going too and where they go to stay.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

We already have 17 committed to our group. We will be staying with the Juno Military Vehicle group by the church in St Aubin. The showers are good and it's very cheap, usually about 10 Euros each for the week. I will need to know numbers if you would like to join us. Cheers John

Hi John

Any spin out sounds good to me on the 6th

I will be on the ferry with you folks to Caen on the Sunday out of Portsmouth but will be making for Etreham to meet with Ron & others. I stay until Thursday evening and hope to return to Cherbourg via the coast road

It should make for an interesting trip - I haven't been down that side very much on my trips, have only done Merville battery once & Pegasus on 2 occasions

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I'm giving Normandy a miss this year. I have to go next year to co ordinate arrangements for 2014 and once I 'open the list' around April 2013 I'll have Normandy on my mind until the 70th.
At least Ron won't have to get into a fight at the Tartlette de Fraise counter this year.. ...John, If you are following the coast to Cherbourg take the time to climb up the (very tall) lighthouse on the point beyond Barfleur...it's worth the effort when you get to the top!...Have a good time...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi John,

I was planning to stay this year on your camping side ( can i sleep quiet
without the noise of Ron when he is sleeping )The more riding in Normandy the better!!

Did you see the pics of the G3WO ?? I was planning to take it to Normandy, so its back were it was left!

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Yes. Me, Indian Tim and Chris the lost boy will be at Etreham 3rd-8th. I think Guy and Marnik are going also.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I keep telling you Bram. The snoring was Jim the likely lad. I couldn't sleep either. Ron

We wil see Ron !!!

We will be in Etreham 2-7 June. We is Elles myself and my BSA.

See you there.

Henrie

email (option): h.groeneveld16@chello.nl

Hi John
The more I think about it the prospect of a decent ride out appeals to me

I remember the day before the big one in 2009 we must have had about 90 of us out for a spin - I can remember it being a fantastic day out . Although we won't have 90, could we consider a day out for all WD bikes over

A good run & lunch on the go perhaps ?

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John O'Brien
Hi John
The more I think about it the prospect of a decent ride out appeals to me

I remember the day before the big one in 2009 we must have had about 90 of us out for a spin - I can remember it being a fantastic day out . Although we won't have 90, could we consider a day out for all WD bikes over

A good run & lunch on the go perhaps ?

Jo'b

A good run with 90 bikes plus a spot of lunch? Sounds perfect to me. Sadly, I'll have to wait until 2014, but I'm sure it'll be more than worth the wait.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Oh Yes..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron Pier
I keep telling you Bram. The snoring was Jim the likely lad. I couldn't sleep either. Ron

Did I hear my name??
I own up to being the Captain of the English Olympic Snoring Team.
One or two have tried to take my title, but fall way short on all counts!

email (option): jimstott51@virginmedia.com

See I told you so Bram. You will have to sleep with me to prove it. Ron

Hi Ron, I am not going to sleep with you!! Bud will set my tent next to you if you don't mind Bram

Nieuwe pagina 1