Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kickstart & gearchange rubbers?

I've had a fairly uninterupted day on the bike today and managed to bolt in some bigger bits, which make it look as though I'm making some sort of progress. Fingers crossed I'll be able to ride it in the sunshine soon.

My kickstart has never had a rubber and what's left on the gearchange won't last much longer. Did WM20's have rubbers on both of these bits? I've looks at Russell Motors & Draganfly's catalogues and can't work out what's what - any ideas?

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Kickstart & gearchange rubbers?

With a census number that high and assuming the fitment of canvas grips then the bike probably saw service without rubbers.

However, it's your bike and if you're more comfortable with rubbers then best to speak to Jeff Hunter (the rubber man who's always at Stafford) and ask him for something 'period'.

Hi Lee,

I don't think they did as there was a serious rubber shortage then. Hence the canvas grips.

For a moment, I thought you were talking about the rubber inside the gear box, of which I need two as I am rebuilding 2 boxes.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Looking good Lee

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I have been lead to believe that the bracket on the rear mudguard should fit on the outside of the battery carrier and oil tank support plate. Hence the triangular shape of the battery carrier bracket. Does anyone on this forum know the correct order of fitment?

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Thanks Rik, Robb & Horror.

I'm also keen to know the answer to Leon's question as it was originally spaced with a mish-mash of nuts and is missing the carrier support plate. I'm not even sure it's the right way round!

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

I've fitted them on both sides of the plate on different bikes. If the plate is bolted up tight and the mudguard is positioned correctly within the frame, the mudguard bracket falls naturaly to one side or the other of the plate. I'm not sure where the variations come from ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1