Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M 20 barn resident

Hi, talking to a good friend of mine about this and that, we got talking about bikes and it happens that in the back of his shed, not having seen daylight since he last rode it in the late 60,s, lies his old M20. Girder forks,rigid back end, somewhere along the line he had fitted a B31 motor (now deceased) but theres a side valve motor there somewhere!!
He seems to think it is a civvy one but not sure, we,re going to start an expedition to get to it and see what we can discover and whether its worth ressurecting!
He does have a v5 for it with a frame no. of 96583, sorry dont know prefix until we reach it.
Can anyone id that frame no??
Thanks
Dave

email (option): davidjp51@btinternet.com

Re: M 20 barn resident

1943 WM20 started from 90000

Hi Fred,

Many 43' M20s are in the 83xxx region,
So it must not have started with 90000,
And it runs upto alittle over 100000 for 43'.

Anyhow, this frame No. is in the region of 43.

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Every list of engine & frame numbers says different, mine says from 90000 but on this forum it lists lower numbers i have noticed .... Strange.

Hi,Orchard and Madden show WM 81818 TO WM 96817 TOTAL 15000
CONTRACT S1048 FROM 24/9/42 TILL 3/11/43 at a cost of
£62-15s-0d each total £941,250,cant see how they did it for the money
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Well im drinking tea with someone who was earning 4 shillings a week in a film distributers office in London WC2 a reasonable wage.
An advert for my V Twin shows retail price of £70 in 1935

Cycle Fred,

Any spare parts for the V twin. I have a 1934 J34/11 and a 1936 J12.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

I will look & mail you.

Well, we,ve extracted it from its resting place of 40 + yrs and I,ve decided it needs saving. Could be a steep learning curve as I,ve never had anything to do with M20 s before,oh well!! May well be picking brains in the search for info and parts
I,ll try to put a pic of it on here but not sure how, may have to get someone to do it for me.
Like I said before, it,s fitted with a B 31 motor (with blown piston) but we found 2 m20 engines,both needing tlc, engine nos WM20 73755 and SA 1166, any idea of age of motors??
Also found what seems tobe the frame and remains of an M20 ,can,t see a frame no but has a post war reg of 86YE90, I expect someone may know more??

DavePowell
Well, we,ve extracted it from its resting place of 40 + yrs and I,ve decided it needs saving. Could be a steep learning curve as I,ve never had anything to do with M20 s before,oh well!! May well be picking brains in the search for info and parts
I,ll try to put a pic of it on here but not sure how, may have to get someone to do it for me.
Like I said before, it,s fitted with a B 31 motor (with blown piston) but we found 2 m20 engines,both needing tlc, engine nos WM20 73755 and SA 1166, any idea of age of motors??
Also found what seems tobe the frame and remains of an M20 ,can,t see a frame no but has a post war reg of 86YE90, I expect someone may know more??

Dave, the YE series Keycards are not availeble, at least I do not have them.

But it proves it was used after the war by the British Army.

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

hi dave,im sure everybody on this site would love to see another one saved.
please post a picture or two,to do this you will need a photo bucket or similar account.these are free and only take a few
minutes to set up,flickr is another one,hope this helps
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Rick, I wouldnt get too excited, it,s a bit of a mess. Not quite sure how I,m going to approach it at the moment
Obviously out with the B31 and use one of the M20 s but that,s a long way down the line yet

Nieuwe pagina 1