Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Braze

Im trying to remove a couple of bits that have been brazed on, but I don't know a great deal about it. I've had the blow lamp out, which didn't do a great deal, but its not the hottest one in the world. Any tips?

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Braze

Hi Lee ..It's just a matter of getting it hotter..you will need OxyAcetaline..Note also that originally the frames were fully assembled with all the separate parts pinned together and then the complete thing was hearth brazed together. So expect to have to deal with the pin in whatever part you are removing (if it is an original part of the frame)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Braze

Ian Wright
Hi Lee ..It's just a matter of getting it hotter..you will need OxyAcetaline..Note also that originally the frames were fully assembled with all the seperate parts pinned together and then the complete thing was hearth brazed together. So expect to have to deal with the pin in whatever part you are removing (if it is an original part of the frame)...Ian

I'm sorting the headlight at the mo and someone has brazed a nut & bolt bracket over the original mounts - not a particularly big job, but one I'd rather do without a grinder as the metal is thin anyway. Thanks for the tip Ian, I'll visit someone with OA gas next week.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1