Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Dave Plumb

Hi Dave,

Missing a retainer for the Harley XA rod and wanted to find out your recommendation in the following option.

Crankshaft OD is 1.377"
Rod ID is 1.868

BSA WM20 rod ID 1.768

If I were to use the roller cage from the WM20, would it possible to use the HD rollers and what size would I require and would they be restricted by the cage size if the size of the rollers becomes too wide?

First, I would separate the cage into halves.

My guess is .245" roller. Had a difficult time getting same measurements on the digital caliper and that roller could be off. But that is as close as I get. Thanks for your commentsPhotobucketPhotobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Question for Dave Plumb

Hi, what diameter (id and od and width) are you looking for? I have a lot of spare Harley cages off 45's, big twins, etc, I may be able to match them up to something I have. Ron Pier has had the same problems, it may be worth emailing hin to see how he sorted his, I did have the details on an email, but I've since had to re-format my computer and have lost the information. Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Question for Dave Plumb

Thanks Dave, I will remove the other conrod on the crank and revert. May take a few days.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1