Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FOR SALE/HELP NEEDED

Hi folks my Great Uncle has passed away and amongst other vehicles there is a BSA M20 and sidecar that is being sold. The side car is fully enclosed.

I would truley appreciate any help and advice as to what to look for and how to advertise such a beautiful bike. The paperwork is just coming to light and in was built in 1942.

My uncle was in the 3rd Kings own Hussars and was a rider during the war (until he was run over by a tank he was overtaking, he came off the bike and his leg was run over by the track on the moors. Lucky begger, due to the muddy conditions it "only" broke his leg eather side of the track) hence his choice in bike, he bought it 6/7 years ago.

ANY help and advice will be a blessing!

Many thanks

Rob

email (option): robperfitt@hotmail.co.uk

Re: FOR SALE/HELP NEEDED

It would help if you could upload a few photos, you can do this by uploading photos onto photobucket then copy and pasting the HTML code onto the forum box

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi here are the photos, sorry for the delay!
http://s1148.photobucket.com/albums/o562/8x1/

Thanks again!

I have now got lots of paperwork for her, certificate of age verification, classic bike register certificate, etc

First registered to the WD in 1942, found in Egypt and repatriated in 2002 or 2006 belive it to be unrestored but civilionised at some point.

Hi Rob..That bike looks familiar..did he buy it from Eric Creaser at the Netley Marsh Autojumble near Southampton?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Not that name but south Hampton I think!

Hi Rob..I'm sure that is the same bike..Eric offered it to me early in the weekend and I went over to take a look. The colour and style were quite eye catching which is why I remember it. It didn't have a sidecar on at the time as I recall.
It is possible Eric sold it to another dealer who then sold it to your great uncle...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1