Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oil caps

Photobucket I have 4 diferent oil caps they are all for the M20 The screwed one are the oldest the second one have I seen not much I toucht that it was home made bud i saw once the same in a Classic Motorcycle aricle wath year thy where used?? Gr. Theo

email (option): indian@inter.nl.net

Re: oil caps

If this first one is for sale I am interested. For my future JM24 project.

Sorry Kalle it is from my own bike bud if i found a spare one i will keep in mind Gr Theo

I have the same caps as number 2 on my C10. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

wicth period is it 1940 or is this cap several years used? Gr Theo

Theo, my WD C10 is 1939. I also have a 1938 hand change tank for my Indian special that has those same caps.
Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

The cap on the left is the same as fitted to the oiltank on a 1940 B29 and they were also used on earlier M Models. The one on the right is the usual WD oiltank cap but was used on the petrol tank of the WB30 and also the M24 I think (plus some post war models) Most of the cap types were generally used on more than one model and over a few model years...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Can we have some more side on pics Ron? Love to see specials and the details.Indian motors turn up here occasionally.

More pictures would be great I have a spare engine of a Indian 741 and a complete M20 with no engine so get me inspired. My last project was a racer from old BSA spares with a M22 engine. GR Theo

Happy to oblige chaps. I am only at the dry build stage and haven't touched the bike for a few months while I've been building this Chief for a friend.
Because I belong to the 'Indian Riders Club' but don't much enjoy riding my 741. I decided to build an easy to ride Indian. I intend to finish the bike as a look alike 1930's Brit V twin with some shiny paint and Nickel plate.

Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

That engine looks good in the M20 frame Ron

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

That's the bonus of using an M20 Dave. I didn't have to stretch the frame. Just a lot of fiddling with engine plates, dynamo and chain runs etc. Sorting the foot pegs next when I get it back on the bench.

Ron

Yhat would be a great bike to ride 4 gears 741 has 3 and if you fit larger pistons you make a 600 cc easy and that will go. If you fit larger handlebar and small mudguards it has his 30 look like my racer Gr Theo

Yes Theo I have already had it re-bored for the bigger pistons. and bigger inlet valves fitted also. The pistons I have, make it about 580cc.
Considering that a standard 741 is 15bhp against a standard M20 of only 12bhp. I think my big bore 741 in a lighter bike, will be more than adequate for me. Ron

Looks good Ron! never liked my 741 much, but that was before the big bore stuff, only why the DKW saddle/carrier/rear light??

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Lex. The bike has lived in Germany for a number of years. Someone there has fitted these items. They are now with another forum member for his ladies BMW. I've got an idea to fit a standard saddle with a brown leather cover. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1