Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tie down on trailer

can any one please advize or even show a picture of the best way to tie down my M20 on to my bike trailer.?. i may also wish to transport 2 bikes. i have bought a 2nd hand Dave Cooper 3 bike trailer , with U shaped jaws at the front.

email (option): tammy57@live.co.uk

Re: tie down on trailer

Here a few photos, the blue car is my own. I never lost a bike. So far at least.

Henk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

thanks for that Henk ,it helps.

Girder fork bikes are easy 'cos you can use the top links. I use these simple to use pull down motorcycle strops. (not the ratchet straps that baffle me and always get my fingers).
This type I've shown has an extra piece of strap to avoid putting the hook on your paint (we're not all Dutch ) You simple pull to tighten them, then press the trigger to release.
I use one each side as shown and one each side at the back....off the carrier or frame somewhere. So that the strops are pulling the bike forward into the front wheel channel. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

alway check and re tighten after a few miles

And check nuts and bolt for tightness; remember: "All parts falling off this motorcycle are of the finest British workmanship"

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

....... and don't forget the petrol cap, oil cap and carb float chamber top.....

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

thanks everyone for the info on strapping down a bike. what a great forum !!

hans behave yourself my bike is a collectors bike where you go back and collect the bits that have fell off

Never forget to secure your front wheel also

Seen a small bit of rope that saved a bike once after strap failure

And - buy decent straps from a shop or a reputable autojumbler - don't be tempted by cheap rubbish

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1