Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone alleviate my frustration . . .

. . . or is it fully justified? I can understand, in the old days, when parts (spares) trade was done by way of paper, there was plenty of reason to have a price list which is separate from the catalogue. That way the supplier did not have to re-print the fancy/glossy part every time a price changed for whatever reason. They only needed to re-print a new price list. I don't think anyone now trades that way. Now catalogues are on the web. Why do suppliers who do business on the web (e.g., Burton Bike Bits) insist on having a price list that is separate from the web pages which describe and illustrate the parts? I have to write down the part number from the glossy part of the web site and then go to the price list to find the price, only to return for the next part or an interchangeable part. Or I have to print out the price list in its entirety and then refer to it every time I find something on the catalogue page that may interest me, instead of seeing the price right there next to the part. It's just as easy now for them to change a single price or a group if they appear on the description/illustration than if they appear on a separate price list. They have 21st century web sites which perpetuate a 1950s marketing system. Any thoughts?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

Re: Can anyone alleviate my frustration . . .

You have more patients then me, I have always given up on Burton Bike Bits site, as you have said the back and forwards on the lists drives me mad.

John, I assume you've told Burton Bike Bits about your complaint?

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

BBB was just an example, there are others. I told BBB more than a year ago. The response was that they'll let management know. I got no other response.

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

Just go to a brothel!

Hey John, Draganfly has recently given up on price lists, Virtually every time I input stock the price changes. In the past we have updated the list (best part of a days work) only to have it become inaccurate within twenty minutes. Its hard to believe that years ago prices were so stable companies would have enamel signs made with prices on.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

The Royal Enfield world just hasn't been the same since Jack Gray at Gander and Grays closed up shop and retired...Ian.

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1