Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3L Breather Pipe Pics

Hello,

I am restoring a 42 Matchless G3L. I am under an assumption that the breather pipe leads all the way to the chain, so that any dripping oil will be used to lubricate the chain. However I do not have an idea as to how they look . If someone can plz send me a few pics of the breather pipe it is going to help me in my restoration.

Regards
Pratap Henry

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

Re: Matchless G3L Breather Pipe Pics

The ones on my old AJS and my G3 turn around back on themselves so that they point forwards and slightly downwards and any overflow just drops on the floor. I don't know if the G3L was any different? I've just realised that I don't know how to attach photos to messages?!? or I'd show you a photo of mine from the G3. Just out of interest, I've never actually ever seen anything coming out of the breather pipe on either bike.

Yes I think Bill is right. I just took this picture of Indian Tim's bike that I am working on. I just looked at my own G3 and G3L and they both have a short pipe, but they point more to the ground. Nothing wrong with fitting a long pipe and pointing at your rear chain....If you don't mind oil all round your tyre. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks so much Ron/Lincoln. I am sure that this pic will help me.
Many thanks to Mr.Richard Pullen.I got the pic on my email id.
Will start working on this right away.

Regards
Pratap Henry

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1