Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Pic.

The Dutch Army BSA G14 rebuild is making great progress and really looking the part.
I still find it hard to believe that the WD didn't select this for a SWD outfit in preference to the Big 4 which was rather underpowered for the job.(and as result led to the Sunbeam/MX4 project)
It was already being supplied as an outfit to the Dutch...Probably the 'bean counters' had a hand in the decision making process..Will we see it in Normandy for the 70th?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Website Pic.

What's the colour Ian, looks like RAL 6014 !

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Nothing to do with me Hans..the bike is in Holland..or the Netherlands.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I imagine the WO chose the Norton Big4 as it was well developed and into production at the outbreak of war. It was ready to go for the BEF just when it was needed.
Norton saw the writing on the wall and cashed in on the opportunity to be the first in the field, so to speak!

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Jacques Gramser from the Netherlands owns this bike. Not sure about the colour but knowing Jacques it's not RAL 6014 but rather a special mixed colour to match the remaining colour he found on the bike. It could be close to RAL 6014 which is a pretty nice colour to use on a military motorcycle.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

The colour is based on some parts with the original dutch army colour . For example the inside of the front brake plate. The colour resembles the tone used on the dutch helmets.

I am still looking for the footboards, or at least one of them.. The project itself is the biggest project so far and a giant puzzle. The goal is to attach the sidecar to it made for officers. This sidecar was the first army attempt by Hollandia but proved to be to narrow for ordinary soldiers with full kit. Therefore approx. 20 were made before 2 new versions were designed with add. Stowage capacity.

Perhaps somebody can help me with the footboard(s)?
Thanks, Jacques

email (option): Jacgramser@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1