Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What would be a good event to see this year other than War and Peace?

Just wondering has anyone any suggestions on a good military event of a fairly decent size that would be worth seeing? I've went to W&P this last few years but am beconing a little disillusioned with it. I have to travel a bit of a distance from N. Ireland so if I'm going to put in the effort I want something that's worth seeing, and relatively clean if I'm camping. Glenn

email (option): glenn_mullan@postmaster.co.uk

Re: What would be a good event to see this year other than War and Peace?

Hi Glenn

I!'m still enjoying w&p myself but understand how you feel

Lots of talk about the arms & embarkation in weymouth this year it seems a good gig.

If you have an old bike on the road France is an option, roads, historic sights, good food and camping make it a good trip.

Pop down to rosslare - hop on the ferry and yer in cherbourg 20 or so hours later

I hope to do the buckfastleigh weekend this year, riding around that part of Devon sounds great

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

i found with the war and peace show last year a lot of vehicle/exibits were crowded together if you wanted to take a photo of a vehicle all you could do was the front and you would get half of the vehicles each side of it

Wath abouth Normandy or something different the best event in the Netherlands

Arnhem Market Garden in September!!

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

As War and Peace is not the IMPS main event, as far as I know, they have started a new event near me at Headcorn Aerodrome called Combined Ops. Its a superb show, with a really nice atmosphere. Last year we had two fly bys from the BOB Memorial flight and several terrific displays by Hurricane and Spits. Without not as big as W and P but back to the days of smaller more fun sort of events. they even have a Hell fire corner museum on site. Not far from here to the channel ports or tunnel so you could combine it with a trip to Europe as well.

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

I would Second that Andrew, Combined Opps ,is just like the shows we put on when IMPS was formed, informal, yet big enough to draw in lots of collectors,Andrew.h

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

All these events sound like a potentially good weekend. Anything with the name Buckfast in it is bound to be a good weekend! I like the sound of Northern France, dislike the 20hr boat ride though. Maybe they could give me some sort of injection to knock me out for a day. All good suggestions though, and I shall do a little more research. Thanks for the suggestions!

email (option): glenn_mullan@postmaster.co.uk

The best WW2 show is The Victory Show(Google) in September in Leicester(Midlands).No modernday crap/landrovers or expensive entry. Try it.

I'm completely new to the world of military events but, so far, have Armour & Embarkation, Weymouth Veterans Parade and Buckfastleigh pencilled in for 2012

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1