Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
N America owners-where do u buy your parts?

Hi,
I enjoy going thru the various on-line catalogs and seeing what's available parts-wise, being a new owner.
is there any place this side of pond u prefer to order parts from?
I'm assuming it would be cheaper and quicker to order from a N american place?
who do u like?
tnx Patrick

email (option): pwegelin@moog.com

Re: N America owners-where do u buy your parts?

Just got a big order in from Draganfly. They had better customer service, pricing, and availability than what I was above to find this side of the pond.

Domiracer in Cincinnati stock M20 parts and sell at reasonable rates. I've bought M20 valves an bearings from them.

Postage prices and unreliable packaging make the UK suppliers uncompetitive. And customer service? Please?

Jeff Bandola

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

I've bought a fair selection of parts in the 'opposite direction' for the Sportster and have found the service from American companies to be excellent...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Patrick: Since you don't have your motorcycle license yet and your bike is running, it seems that you are probably not in a great hurry for parts - or shouldn't be, I know you're anxious to take it apart. Domiracer runs sales every so often, so you may want to wait for one of those before you send your money. The only problems are that the sale items represent only a small portion of their inventory (so there are not many M20 parts in a given sale) and that their sales only come once or twice a year. Be careful what you are buying. If it's not NOS but reproduction, the quality can vary greatly. Another problem is that their online store is not very well organized and it may take you a while to find what you want. IMHO Domiracer should re-organize their web site along the lines of Draganfly or other online stores, but it would probably be costly and time-consuming to do so.

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

+1 on that on John's reply. I looked at Domiracer, but I had to go with Draganfly because of how well their site was laid out. Draganfly also knew the correct substitutions to get me useable parts.

This is no dig at anyone else's experience. YMMV!

Kevin

all,
yes I see what u mean abt domiracers website, not too user friendly,
I've been looking at this places' website in mich
they seem to have a fair amt of M20 parts and to me prices don't seem too bad
patrick

British Only Motorcycles And Parts, Inc.
PO Box 2349
Garden City, Michigan 48136-2349 USA

email (option): pwegelin@moog.com

Domiracer in the US is a good supplier and you can call for assistance if needed to discuss their inventory....have been around for ever. I have all their catalogs which harken back to the days when they had everything. Todays stock is but a pale shadow of their former NOS glory.

Draganfly in the UK has a great website, and been very professional & easy to work with over the years.

Russell Motors in the UK does not have much of a web presence, so you must call or fax orders.

I am suprised that no one has mentioned Cornucopia in Germany...not cheap, but good service and good quality. Along with the weak dollar, shipping costs are the killer for overseas purchases... but to get what you need, sometimes you have to step up.

http://www.cornucopia-enterprises.de/indey.html

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Nieuwe pagina 1