Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i'll just do a bit of maintenance...

as is the way of things i thought to myself i would do some maintenace which needs doing, it started well, going over the bike, then i started taking bits off, then some more pieces and it is turning into a rebuild i should have known this would happen,

what needed doing was- new fibre clutchplates, adjust gearbox slightly, replace rear brake linings.

what i currently have is a frame with two wheels, a saddle, and a large quantity of bits.

this has turned into a rebuild with a bit more work than planned. but i did over 9k miles last year so its a good chance to go over things, beware the danger of tinkering with things! once you start taking bits off, other bits follow, still it will keep me busy for a while

Re: i'll just do a bit of maintenance...

That's how my rebuild started..

The bike was MOT'd taxed and insured,
I was only changing the back mudguard, rear light etc. When the tank was off and the back end off it was only a push-bike frame with an engine in it. I didn't like the colour green it had been brush painted so apart it came. How difficult can it be...???

A BIG can of worms is all I can say

But it will be worth it when it's done

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Tinkering! A noble pursuit, it's what separates us from the animals.

i found a worn oil flinger disc, some gunge in the sump and the barrel needs a rebore, so occassional urges to take everything apart have their advantages,

Nieuwe pagina 1