Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brass Contract Data Plates

I don't suppose anyone out there knows of anyone remaking those little brass contract/catalogue plates? I don't mean the big square plates that list overhauls and so on, these are little rectangular ones. There is a company in India making them for Welbikes, but they apparently don't come blank, they are ready stamped with the identity they have copied from an original plate.

Re: Brass Contract Data Plates

I have made them in the past, and I plan to make some more shortly.

But i'm going to try a new etching solution which means playing around with Hydrochloric Acid & Hydrogen Peroxide and I'm frightened.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

hydrogen peroxide and brass
that could be an interesting experiment to watch from a distance!

Sounds like a fun Sunday afternoons work!!

Following you experiment, will that mean you will LOOK like a BRASSY BLOND,! andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Its a tried and tested formular for use with copper, but my concern is the zinc content

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

If the mixture is less stable than hoped Rob, you'll be able to build yourself an Me 163 replica !

Just to mention, Bill, Rob's replicas were very good. It'd certainly be worth waiting for the next batch (assuming that he doesn't blow himself up making them !)

Hopefully he'll save one for me and not do himself any damage while he's making them!

I got a blank one from Bill Green in Australia. Not sure if he still supplies them tho.

email (option): fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1