Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA petrol tank for sale

This tank is for sale on Marktplaats here in Holland. It's not a military M20 tank, but what is it?

Henk

http://link.marktplaats.nl/529846961

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: BSA petrol tank for sale

Looks like the tank on e bay within last 2 weeks ?

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Don't know what the tank is, but know the seller, if anyone is interested?

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

I might be, but what is the price? E275? It looks like a B series tank from about 1937-9.

email (option): kevin.sandford@ntlworld.com

I thought it far more like an M Series tank..The B Series tanks were generally less bulbous with near on vertical sides...I guess the question Henk raised originally concerned the screw in petrol cap..is that right Henk? It's definitely not like a B29 tank (1940)..I had an example of that model briefly...Where's Leon when you need him? ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

what about M20 standard from '39

I have asked Leon but he wasn't sure as he didn't had enough information, he was thinking that it could be a 1939 B25 tank.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

The 39 B25 tank is shaped more like the later M20 tank. The guy who is selling it says it is the same dimensionally as an early M20 tank..but with the screw in cap. I am tending towards the non deluxe version of one of the M Series bikes as suggested by Kalle...can't find a picture yet though...Ian

As it has a "slab sidey" sort of look plus an arched underside to clear the high rockerbox, I agree with the pre-war B range assumption too.

email (option): kevin.sandford@ntlworld.com

Photobucket

Heres a B29 for comparison..The early M20 tank had the cutaway on the underside as they were also used on M Series OHV models....Ian

I wonder was this bike really in production?

Photobucket

I agree with Kalle after receiving some more pictures. It is an M20 Standard petrol tank from 1939 with the first model transfer.

And yes they have been produced as shows from the despatch records. Since the tank is dimensionally the same it can not be a B model tank since the attchment point are in a different position.

Regards,
Leon

PS familiar picture though ;-)

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Does anybody know why this '39 M20 Standard model (at least on the picture) have B group front forks?

Nieuwe pagina 1