Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP M20 Girder Forks

Hi could any one tell me what model M20 had the girder forks with what looks like a spanner type hole (looks like a spark plug would fit in it) in the left hand side bracket that the headlight support bolts on to . Also these forks the distance between the to and bottom pivot points is around 200mm and my old forks the distance is around 208mm . Any one know why the change ? there dosen't seem to be as much clearance for the spring to fit with the smaller distance I'm a bit worried about fitting the new forks with the 200mm measurement.

email (option): yamah000@yahoo.com

Re: Girder Forks

Hi Kezz,

Know that '38/'39 BSA V-twins had these brackets, but not sure if others had them too?

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

So do you think that these forks arn't right for m20 ?

hi kezz,post a picture if you can,i have just measured three pairs ,the holes on the fork blades are at 208 centres on two of them and about 190 on the other pair.also mine have the threaded bracket on the right hand side.this will im informed hold a spark plug,but it was originally for a rod operated brake system
hope this helps cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: Girder Forks Photos

Here are some photos of forks any one know what model M20 they are off and what the spanner hole is for. Also the pivot holes are 200mm appart. The old forks that I took off the pivot holes were 209mm apart will this affect any thing ? Will I need a shorter spring because of the difference in the measurement ? any advice appreciated as I'm new to restoration

Photobucket012419.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

More Photos My Girder forks M20bsaos

more photos Photobucketotos

Kezz I'm sure you have pre war forks there. (front brake rod and all). But I couldn't quote the model. The hex hole is for the old style spark plugs that you could take apart. You hold the big hex in that hole whilst you undo the smaller hex with a spanner. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi thanks for the info you don't know where or if it is posible to find one of those spark plugs and if so how much they would be?

Nieuwe pagina 1