Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fieldstand,see picture.

Hello, I want to buy a fieldstand remake, but my frame does have already a the piece to hook up.
Wich fieldstand can I take?

Can I use this fieldstand with the clamb?

Richard

Re: Fieldstand,see picture.

That brazed on lug is for the early wartime short field stand, that was replaced by the longer one when panniers are fitted. The long one clamps on under the saddle. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron,
Now I have to search for a shorter model one.
Or I take a long one and I cut it off and take off the clamb, does it fitt to the lug as the one in the picture on the forum from the remake?
Richard

The short field stand has a full circle disc at the end while the long (late war) field stand has a piece cut away from the circle.

Both the long and short stand fit the brazed on frame lug.

You often see early frames with a brazed on lug in combination with a long field stand, the long stand is then fixed with a with a clamp on bracket just above the saddle bolt lug. The short stand couldn't be used in combination with the pannier bags and the brazed on field stand lug wasn't in use anymore then.

Henk.

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

And just to show you the difference. Here is my early bike, that is now fitted with panniers and long stand. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi richard,good name that,there are some drawings in the technical section of the field stand setup,these may help
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Thanks to all,now I know enough.
Richard

One last question:
What is length of the short fieldstand?
The long one is about 22inch.

Richard

Nieuwe pagina 1