Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Normandy Pics 2009

Well, I think I`ve just about gone through most of my friends pics now so have put them up for you to have a look, hope you enjoy them and bring back some good memories, here`s to the 70th, Ian.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

email (option): ianhince@tiscali.co.uk

Re: More Normandy Pics 2009

Nice one Ian. I also like the A&E clips on HMVF.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Hi, thank you Lee, are going this year

Ian Hince
Hi, thank you Lee, are going this year

Hi Ian
I'm planning to arrive Friday morning so I can take the M20 to the Friday lunchtime thing as well as Saturday's events, followed by a trip to Weymouth on the Sunday.

All I've got to do is finish painting it and then bolt it all back together...

Great news Lee, likewise, plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon/evening ready for anything Friday and then weekend. What bike is it Lee, M20.

Ian Hince
Great news Lee, likewise, plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon/evening ready for anything Friday and then weekend. What bike is it Lee, M20.

It's a 1944 M20 that's very-much in pieces at the mo. My house seems to be scattered with a vast array of olive drab bits and I've very nearly had enough of painting them, but hey, I'm almost there. I was never very good at jigsaws as a child, here's hoping that's changed over the years...

Excellent Lee, know exactly what you mean, Photobucket
will all be worth it in the end, look foreward to seeing you then, Ian.

Me too

Photobucket

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Photobucket
Here's a one to wet the appetite and inspire those rebuilds...About 2/3 of the bikes on the 65 for 65 extraveganza...(and another chance for me to practice posting pics )...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutifulllllll

Ian H & Horror - good pics and I'm glad I'm not the only one with a bike in pieces. The photo below shows a small selection if M20 bits huddling for warmth in a corner of my office.

Ian W - a good bit of motivation to get it all bolted together. Here's hoping I can do it within the next 2 1/2 years!

Superb Lee, is this the one going to Armour, bet you can`t wait. Will it be your first WD or classic bike. I see the MX helmets so you are obviuosly bike mad regardless, great stuff

Hi Ian..I may well be at A&E as well...I'm thinking that and the Weymouth 'do' will make a good weekend...Ian

2009 in Normandy, so almost missed it, but got there and had the best motorcycle weekend ever

Happy days

:-)

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Ian Hince
Superb Lee, is this the one going to Armour, bet you can`t wait. Will it be your first WD or classic bike. I see the MX helmets so you are obviuosly bike mad regardless, great stuff

All being well, this is the one that'll be going to A&E and Weymouth. This is my first Brit bike and after hearing my Dad talk about things like magnetos, girder forks and separate gearboxes, I'm finally discovering what they are. As you rightly say, I am bike mad and have a bunch of Honda's ('62 C100, '66 C200, '72 CD175, '87 C90) a GPZ900 and a KTM 200EXC.

My M20 was a direct result of visiting Bletchley Park with the kids and telling them that their Grandad (my Dad) rode one in the war. That was on the Sunday and I had a '44 M20 in the back of my van Wednesday evening. Happy days.
Below is the Bletchley M20 that started it all...

Good to see that Bletchley have recognised the role of the DR in their organisation...but where did they get those DR boots..?..The local builders merchant?.. ...Ian

Wow Ian, that would be fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!! We had such a great weekend with the first one with just half a dozen tanks, now with 20 tanks booked in for this one plus all the Armour and softskins, trucks and hopefully loads of bikes (we will need them) I think it will be quite amazing. We stop in Martins Town at the Brewers Arms on the Saturday on route to Dorchester, it was an incredible sight just like a setting back in the 40`s with it all lined up along the roadside this year can only be more impressive. Would be great to hook up with you and Weymouth, well, have only seen pics and video, looks brilliant, better start fettling P.S Just to echo your reply John, what a great time, 70th on its way
Photobucket

There's not nearly enough oil in the pub car park. We'll see if my spannering skils address that in June...

Quite amazing

You have a nice collection of bikes lee, that little pushrod c100 is a favourite of mine, not a looker but runs forever, simple & basic, a bike like it could have saved the industry in this country I think sometimes

You will enjoy the m20 & all the other types of WD bikes too, we all have our favourites - but all share the great riding experience & the people and adventures we have when out on them

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John O'Brien

You will enjoy the m20 & all the other types of WD bikes too, we all have our favourites - but all share the great riding experience & the people and adventures we have when out on them

Jo'b

Absolutely, John. Interesting motorcycles to ride to interesting places, meet interesting people...and take the piss out of each other !

A certain fin de siècle feel about the '65' photos. The next lot might well be day-glo

I think I'm missing from that picture at the pub. I was a mile back down the road with Kit. Fixing my broken clutch cable ......We still made it for lunch though Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I'll pay the fine methinks

:-)

But What a joke !!

I do know what you mean - there is a risk of these days & sights being ruined

Why don't you run with a second clutch cable routed Ron, I do this with the throttle also

It saves heaps of time

JO'b

John O'Brien
You have a nice collection of bikes lee, that little pushrod c100 is a favourite of mine, not a looker but runs forever, simple & basic, a bike like it could have saved the industry in this country I think sometimes

Jo'b

God bless the Honda Cub in all it's guises. My C90 took part in a 2 day enduro and as strange as it sounds, we didn't come last! I'm thinking the C100 will look nice in my office when it's finished - the M20 has jumped my resto queue at the moment though.

Ron, I found your bike at the Pub, you must have been inside trying to catch some food before it all went, Jack said we cleared them out of everything, has to be good for business Photobucket
Great list of bikes Lee, even now if I`ve been on my Can Am 250 and then back on the M20 or Enfield still have to remember gear change and rear brake opposite sides

Thanks for that picture Ian.
Jobby. Routing the cable is not the problem, it only takes seconds. It's those dam pre-war levers and a frayed inner cable that was tedious. I've learn't my lesson and now carry one with a soldered end.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It's the future Ron

:-D

Job

Nieuwe pagina 1