Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
main bearings

Hi fellas
Can you tell me if this is a good price for complete set x2 off main bearings for my wm20, $600.00 about 450.00 UK pounds this price is for brass/bronze type lip bearing and to fit the 2 engines i want to rebuild, The supplier said one set off bearing have to come from USA as its not made anymore this the case as it seems very expensive, I asked for the brass/bronze caged bearing because I was told there better for heat dispersment

email (option): markbro1@hotmail.com

Re: main bearings

Hi Mark..That is expensive. The timing side roller is probably the one your dealer is talking about as 'not being made' anymore. It's not made anymore by RHP but is still available from other manufacturers.
If you have specified a 'C3' fit for the bearings that will add cost as these are now much harder to source in the Imperial sizes..
The two drive side bearings are Metric and you should be able to source them without difficulty from most bearing suppliers at a reasonable price (NF305 roller and 6205 ball bearing.) The two timing side bearings are still available as well through good bearing suppliers.
A brass caged roller is not necessary..All types listed under the relevant numbers are at least equivalents, so will operate equally well in their designed environments. In fact some of the 'plastic cage' types, due to the smaller dimensions of the cage, have an extra roller so their load bearing capacity is actually higher then the brass caged type.
'C3' bearings have slightly larger internal clearances than standard type 'CN' clearances and were specified originally by BSA. However, I have run both types without any discernable problems. Ask for 6205 C3, for example if you want this clearance. Also be sure you are being quoted for American, Japanese or European 'branded' bearings...avoid Russian, Indian or Chinese bearings unless you want them for your wheelbarrow...
Mail me off forum if you have problems getting them...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: main bearings

I will contact you later

email (option): markbro1@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1