Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
website

Hello,
I am Kieran from Wardepartment in England and would like to introduce myself to you all, we restore Military Motorcycles from 1936-1948 Harley-Davidson's and 1939-1945 British Military motorcycles including BSA M-20 Models.
We would like to come to Holland sometime to formerly introduce ourselves and say hello, maybe the next bike swapmeet or parts meet would be a good time, in the meantime if any of you are coming to England and want a place to park your bike and camp overnight you are welcome to stay at wardepartment here in Kent, only 30 miles from Dover. check out the website for more details = www.wardepartment.co.uk
Regards Kieran

email (option): wardepartment@btinternet.com

Re: website

Hi, Kieran welcome to the forum! I only just spotted your post! If you need any information please don't hesitate to ask
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Now here's something to set a few hearts fluttering: their website shows Jack Woods' M20 sprinter up for sale (price not mentioned). Are you listening, Ian?

ChrisJ

Yes, I knew Kieran had acquired this bike..it's an interesting one, but I would question some of the claims made for its abilities.
To my knowledge the 'semi official' sidevalve record is still held by Nigel Fox with his 16H Norton and looking at the build specs of the engine I find it hard to believe the stated power output..though I'm not sure if it has been running on 'dope' fuel.
I like to see dyno readouts to confirm claimed power outputs....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

PS..I'm unsure of the current status of the sidevalve record..The information I have may be out of date. To resolve that question I have e mailed the National Sprint Association for more information on the current record holder and the speed achieved..Out of interest I have seen a claimed power output for Kierans bike of 45BHP..3 1/2 times its original power output and close to that of a 'works' DBD34 Gold Star.(and 3 BHP more than the best dyno figure I have got to date from a B33 on pump petrol.) If the bike is making that much power it's quite an achievement and it would have to be running a high compression with dope fuel I would think, along with some heavy modifications.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1