Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Piled arms sticker?

I've seen the piled arms logo/sticker listed somewhere as being fitted to my '44 M20 - is this correct and if so, where does it go?

Also, would my oil tank have had the minimum oil level sticker and if so, at what height?

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Piled arms sticker?

Hi Lee..I'm not sure the piled arms transfer was used..that would have to be confirmed. My M20 had one when I bought it and I generally do use one...they go on the front of the steering head in the same place as a bicycle has them. Note that the transfer should say 'BSA Cycles'..the later 'BSA Motorcycles' transfer was introduced postwar. Both are available.
I don't use a 'minimum oil level' transfer. I'm not an 'anorak' on these things and would have to refer to parts lists or wartime photos to confirm their use or otherwise. No doubt someone with a more detailed knowledge will comment...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Hi Lee..I'm not sure the piled arms transfer was used..that would have to be confirmed. My M20 had one when I bought it and I generally do use one...they go on the front of the steering head in the same place as a bicycle has them. Note that the transfer should say 'BSA Cycles'..the later 'BSA Motorcycles' transfer was introduced postwar. Both are available.
I don't use a 'minimum oil level' transfer. I'm not an 'anorak' on these things and would have to refer to parts lists or wartime photos to confirm their use or otherwise. No doubt someone with a more detailed knowledge will comment...Ian

Ian, I thought YOU were the definitive source of info on the M20!

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Hi Vincent..You must be thinking of someone else.. ...I'm reasonable on the mechanical side which I have taken a particular interest in..There are others far more knowlegeable on contract dates, paint codes etc....and transfers. I've learnt a lot from other contributors on some of these subjects, though I have a 'working knowledge' of the basic specs...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1