Author
Comment
King George VI Died today

Plus 60 years. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: King George VI Died today

Long Live The Queen

Do you remember the Silver Jubilee..? Street parties and flags flying everywhere. It's the Queen's 60th year and nothing is done to celebrate it now

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Horror
Do you remember the Silver Jubilee..? Street parties and flags flying everywhere. It's the Queen's 60th year and nothing is done to celebrate it now

Do I remember it? I won the Fancy Dress comp with a Knights outfit that my Mum made for me and we had a cracking street party after. Good stuff when you're 7.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Lee Davey

Do I remember it? I won the Fancy Dress comp with a Knights outfit that my Mum made for me and we had a cracking street party after. Good stuff when you're 7.

That brings back memories, my Mum made me and my brother "hobby horse's", I was dressed as a Life Guard, can't remember what my brother was, I do remember we went around all the local celebrations picking up prizes, I was eight.

May she keep on Reigning.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I was 6 years old at the time of the Queens coronation in 1953. My Dad bought me a miniature model of the state coach and horses. It was made by a firm called 'Lesney' and was the first of the " Matchbox Series" empire.....I wish I still had it. In those days it was just a toy and I soon broke it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Pity that Lillibet never spoke about her experience with the Austin Utiltiy when she was in the WATS and last year I wrote a letter to her asking her to do so.
I did receive a reply from her secretary and told she was interested about my collection and appreciated it however she told me that it would be unfair to answer a question to me to others not….
On a sadder note, 2 days ago, the last WW1 veteran passed away;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2097721/Florence-Green-Last-surviving-World-War-One-veteran-dies-just-111th-birthday.html

Nieuwe pagina 1