Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum picture

What a nice picture with two "FANYs" and an Enfield?

And is that an 8inch headlamp with the flat type rim clip at the bottom?

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Forum picture

And two FANY corporals at that.
But is it a DD or a C, Jan? I take it to be a RE WD-C.

Nice photograph.

Rob

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

It's an impressed civilian model D, not a WD/D.

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

As she's a Corporal and at a training centre she should do up her helmet!.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

At least we are spared any tasty remarks regarding my judgement. I was referring to the motorcycle, not the size of her army issue brazier: somehow she did not look like a C!

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

Rob van Meel
At least we are spared any tasty remarks regarding my judgement. I was referring to the motorcycle, not the size of her army issue brazier: somehow she did not look like a C!

I was lost for words after reading Rob's comment about it being a Fany with a flat type rim clip. The mind boggles.

It would seem that the WD/Ds also had the large lamp with the 'economy' clip, as in this photo of the Manx Regiment at Weymouth.

Photobucket

Cor, look at the size of those loaves.

Another nice picy Rik.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Rik are you sure that's an 8" headlamp? Every picture that Jan has sent me, shows a standard DU42 fitted to a WD/D. Ron.

Photobucket

And mine.

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

would her army issue brazier be of 1937 pattern webbing

Ron Pier
Rik are you sure that's an 8" headlamp? Every picture that Jan has sent me, shows a standard DU42 fitted to a WD/D. Ron.

Actually Ron, I'm not sure that it is. It's a small motorcycle so keeping with the tone of this thread, it might be like big headlamps on a small bird. Not necessarily large, they just look that way.

Looking at the rider, I would say that the brassier (A brazier is something that you light a fire in) is made of camo material as nothing is visible!!!

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

I'm looking at the tyre on the manx shot wondering what make it is, it's a nice pattern

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

The tyre is a Good-Year 'All-Weather' - Most common early on but slagged off during the whole conflict for being spectacularly useless off-road.

This is one of mine next to a modern Uni-Grip

Photobucket

Spectacularly useless

:-D

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

This is another 'Forum Picture' thread that has drifted into obscurity once the referred-to image has been moved...So here it is again.

Photobucket

My reason for re-posting is that the IWM has a copy of a rather nice recruiting poster using the same rider together with her not terribly suitable crocheted gloves.

Photobucket

Rik

My reason for re-posting is that the IWM has a copy of a rather nice recruiting poster using the same rider together with her not terribly suitable crocheted gloves.

This picture was also used for war time Royal Enfield publicity:

Photobucket

No Photoshop tricks used in this one!

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1