Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
clutch pushrod

Could anyone possibly oblige by telling me the exact minimum permitted free lenght of the M20 clutch pushrod before it is declared spent? Mine shows obvious signs of being absolutely knackered, i.e 'mushroomed' ends, and I have sourced a replacement, but would just like this information for the record and havent managed to find it anywhere else . Regards to all , Leif .

Re: clutch pushrod

Hi Lief..If you have a WD model with its original clutch you should have a 5/16" ball in the clutch operating arm and a pushrod length of 12.740" - 12.750"...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

When the rod is to short you can cut it in half in put a 1/4" ball between the two halves to win some length.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Don't forget to harden and temper the new rod, if your's mushroomed it sounds a bit soft.
Cheers Pat

mine had a 1/4 inch clutch roller inbetween 2 two pieces of rod. it seemed to function properly.

email (option): fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

That will give a lot less wear, smart thinking.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Well Ian , thanks for your help , and as far as I can see all the gearbox and clutch components are WD M20 standard , in which case my old clutch pushrod appears to be so badly worn that it is shorter than the minimum length you quoted by about 120 thou , almost an eighth of an inch . By the look of things it's probably a wonder my clutch has been working atall . Regards Leif .

Nieuwe pagina 1