Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Craigslist Opportunity, FYI...

Bike located in the High Desert, northeast of LA...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/2808617553.html

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Re: Craigslist Opportunity, FYI...

Hi John..There are a lot more of these nice unrestored M20s 'over there' than there are 'over here'!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Hi John..There are a lot more of these nice unrestored M20s 'over there' than there are 'over here'!...Ian

Greetings Mr. Wright,

They do seem to continue to come fluttering up to the surface...

As you know, many were dumped in the States duing the late 1960s when the British government decided it was time to let them go. Mine was one of those that was sold off here, at that time for $300. Some have been squirreled away unused now for decades it appears.

The problem in the US is finding major parts if you don't have a bike that was nicely kept. The likelyhood of spares turning up at a boot sale or swap meet is pretty slim. (which is why we have somewhat mixed feeling when a good one goes to the nackers yard; sorry it happened, happy to have the bits locally...!)

Cheers,

JDE

john you should not have told them they were $300 each it has sent ian henk and a lot of other into hot flushes

roger
john you should not have told them they were $300 each it has sent ian henk and a lot of other into hot flushes

Actually, even cheaper than what I remembered...!

JDE

Photobucket

Great adverts John...I think the bikes were similar money (or even a bit cheaper) in the UK at the time..Did they have these machines in quantity?..Maybe the local area in South Carolina would be a good 'hunting ground' today!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

i can remember rows and rows of them in pride and clarks in brixton but ca'nt remember the prices did russels have something to do with these ex army motorcycle

Nieuwe pagina 1