Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3WO frame questions

I am just about to make good the bad bits on my frame and need some dimensions if anyone would be kind enough to help me, as always I would be very grateful.
I am going to have to repair the holes for the rear stand and the side stand, so would like to know what dimension these holes should be please?

Also, I would like to know what the hole in the frame for the footrest bar looks like. Mine is sort of worn round with square section marks. I would like to get this right otherwise I will have wobbly footrests and it will be too late to repair it when its all painted and back togeter. The footrest bar is square ( I need one of those and two footrests as well if anyone has some spare), but I have no idea how it locates in the frame which looks like it has a round hole? thanks a lot.

Re: Matchless G3WO frame questions

Hi Andrewh,

The engine plates should be the carrying element. Steve at AMC would have the parts.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

The holes in the frame are meant to be round, the engine plates are shaped to stop it turning

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

thanks Guys, thats really helpful, I think my footrests must have been belted many times as the square bar has left marks on the round hole in the frame. Anyway, all I could do with now is the correct sizes for the holes for the rear stand and side stand if anyone has a bike stripped down and in good condition. cheers All

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Can you give me a ring on 07770 876479 on Monday anytime after 9.30 but before 5.30 and I'll measure mine while you're on the phone.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

certainly will , many thanks Dave

cheers

Thanks Dave, and for the record, they are 7/16 diameter holes for the side stand bolt and rear stand bolt.

Nieuwe pagina 1