Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girder Fork For Sale

Hi,

I've recently started a 1948 M21 project & replaced the girder front fork with a decent one from e-bay. The original fork is no longer needed, would it be of use to anyone on here? It's in pretty poor condition; both front tubes have had cracks brazed, the spindle lugs are oval, the bushes are totally worn & unfortunately so are the pivot pins, the headstock is slightly bent & the thread for the bearing adjuster is badly worn, the handlebar clamps are not original although the top yoke is in good condition!

There seems to have been some serious sidecar abuse in the past. It's too far gone for me to be able to recondition but I wonder if someone with the facilities might be able to make use of it or of some of it's parts.

If it's any good to anyone I'd be happy to let it go for £50 & free up some shed space!

Cheers, Ben

email (option): mad_king_soup@hotmail.com

Re: Girder Fork For Sale

Wow, I'd take them in a snap at that price, that's a steal even if they need renovation. Though postage to Canada would likely cost more!
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Haha! I'm sure you're right Vince!

I was hoping someone would come & collect them!

I live close to the M1 J25 near Nottingham & Derby (UK).

I suppose if someone was really interested they could arrange a courier collection? Seems like a lot of trouble though!

Cheers, Ben

Just spray-Bomb them green, put them on e-Bay for 500 quid (and I'm sure even in the current state they are better than the Indian-made repros currently listed) , I'm sure they'll sell!

Thanks mate!

I'd feel too guilty putting them up for auction & knowing that they need work though! Hopefully someone will come & take them out of my way!

Someone has offered to collect the fork now so it's no longer available. Thanks for the e-mails!

Ben Spear
Thanks mate!

I'd feel too guilty putting them up for auction & knowing that they need work though! Hopefully someone will come & take them out of my way!

Everything from e-Bay needs work !!

Nieuwe pagina 1