Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Selling my M20

I have reluctantly decided to thin out some of the vehicles and militaria that I have accumulated over the years as I just don't have the time to enjoy them all and am planning to concentrate on a much smaller collection in the little time I do have free.

The bike came to me in ex army trim, was restored about twelve years ago by Chris Orchard and is pictured in the colour section of the Orchard/Madden book, it was also featured in a comparison test article in Classic Bike -February 1990-around the same time.

Since then it has not really seen the light of day very much but is essentially as it was. Its hardly been used, except for being taken to a few rallies on a trailer in the 90s The mag was rewound about then and the bike has been in storage ever since.

During its time in storage the bike, C5124174 has got dirty with a little surface rust here and there and will eventually need painting again,for the moment an oily rag will suffice. I plan to get it into the workshop soon,clean it up and have it running well with fresh fuel and oil before advertising it for sale.

I'm going to ask £5000 and this will be firm, there are a small quantity of spares,pannier bags,blackout mask and a full tool kit which will go with the bike.

Should anyone looking for a complete and well restored original M20 (which will need a bit of tidying up) be interested in it before being advertised please email me or ring on 07860 889524.
David.

email (option): dbelcher1949@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Selling my M20

it's so nice that pictures can be uploaded to this forum, isn't it??
Cheerio, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

Absolutely Sven. Picture taken from O&M. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi,interestingly (to myself )the registration number of this bike is only four away from the one i owned in the early 70s
NTO 134F,i also saw NTO 132F at a BSA owners club rally at kenilworth rufc in 2003,small world [ cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I know Ian's bike has one of these 'F' registrations and obviously they must have come from a batch of bikes released from the army around 1968. Probably the last of the M20's still in army use. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Mine is NEG 793F...these were the last big disposals..However, the odd M20 remained in service until 1971...I haven't heard of one in service later than 71 so far..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1