Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton 16h engine sprocket 19 teeth

My friend is loocking for an engine sprocket 19 teeth for his Norton 16h. He told me that it is inpossible to find it here in Belgium.
It's part number 3401.
Is there a catalogue (or a Website)on internet where he can look for 16h parts. (something like Russell catalogue for M20 parts)?
I hope we can help him.
M20 regards from Belgium
Eric

email (option): ericvangils@skynet.be

Re: Norton 16h engine sprocket 19 teeth

If it's for a WD16H then RGM Motors certainly has them. I bought one from him. Don't forget that sprocket off-set changed over the years (but WD models are all the same).

http://rgmmotors.co.uk/main.htm

I think that his on-line catalogue is mostly Commando stuff but he has lots more.

Service is friendly and usually quick. I'd suggest e-mailing.

Hi,

there is a guy selling such parts in germany, he once send me this picture. Send me a mail and I hand over his Email Address.
Dont know if they fit your friends bike but worth a try

Photobucket

Phillip

email (option): phillip.thaler@gmx.at

Those are gearbox sprockets rather than engine / crankshaft sprockets.

The problem with ex-WD stock engine sprockets is that they're all 18t.

Phillip, I still owe you a parts book scan. I haven't forgotten it !

If you have an old one just get it rebanded.

douglas
If you have an old one just get it rebanded.

You don't know Belgium, Douglas. That sort of small-scale industry just doesn't exist here.

RGM's sprockets are good quality and less than £20. It's not really worth farting around.

Thanks all for your advice. I'm going to do a mail to RGM. The bike is restored to a civil model. The engine number is W78898. Is this a WD engine?
And do I have to order a sprocket for a WD-model or a Civil-model. Is there a difference? Does anybody know what year this engine was made?
Thanks,
Eric

email (option): ericvangils@skynet.be

W78898 is indeed a WD engine, as indicated by the 'W' prefix. The important thing to bear in mind is that it is a 1937 pattern engine. The standard WD sprocket was 18t but this was also supplied to civilian buyers for sidecar use. Engines prior to 1935 or after 1948 may well have different offsets.

This engine was actually supplied under contract C14498 and would seem to have been delivered during November 1943.

Nieuwe pagina 1