Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Craigslist M20 St. Louis, MO

I just saw this. Posted January 4th. I don't know if it is still available. Claims to be a 1946.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=bsa&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Re: Craigslist M20 St. Louis, MO

All restored?..yeah, right....Good basis for a project though. It's unlikely to be 1946, and if it is it has some wrong parts. Both mudguards appear to be pattern items...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That quilted seat cover looks comfy and must be worth $5900 on it's own...

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Back in 2003 I drove to Cape Girardeau, Missouri to buy my M20, and there seems to be one pop up from time to time in the midwest US. This one is likely one of that cache.
Vince
PS A friend of mine once bought a "fully restored and correct" Triumph TR6P "Saint" police motorcycle, but I doubt the police ever adorned it with miles of sticky- pinstripe and Trans-Am stickers!

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

BITCH, BITCH, BITCH.......

All these bikes are project bikes, not garage queens. They are grist for a proper restoration by an afficianado.

You guys sound like a bunch of whiney snobs looking down your noses.

What do you expect after 50 years at the hands of unknowledgable people? Just be grateful it's still out there available for someone to pick it up, and not been send off to the scrapper.

It's got a good speedo, forks, it runs, etc.... If all it needs is mudguards and a seat this is an easy restoration, and can be dolled up a lot cheaper than starting from where so amny of us have.

They not making them any more ya know!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

..It's not 'What do you expect after 50 years'..it's 'what do you expect for $5900'..I expect an accurate and honest description and something that is actually worth that much...A bit much to ask on todays market I guess where every half assed 'restoration' is expected to make us go doe eyed.
IMHO this bike looks like it was badly restored a long time ago and then neglected for the next decade..the guy couldn't even get it together to clean it ready for sale....

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

but as robb said i would'nt have a clue whether it was a proper mud guard the only complaint i have heard about pattern mud guards is they dont fit properly so once someone has fitted it with a bit of smithying can you tell the different without a genuine mud guard to match it to your a non rivet counter

Ian Wright
..It's not 'What do you expect after 50 years'..it's 'what do you expect for $5900'..I expect an accurate and honest description and something that is actually worth that much...A bit much to ask on todays market I guess where every half assed 'restoration' is expected to make us go doe eyed.
IMHO this bike looks like it was badly restored a long time ago and then neglected for the next decade..the guy couldn't even get it together to clean it ready for sale....

Ian,
Judging from the metallic green paint I'd say it had it's last refit in the mid-1970's. Seems like everything motorcycle related from that era was painted metallic green, or metalflake purple. Must have been vats of that paint available, and no other colours existed (except a bit of metallic gold and black).
I'm also surprised that sellers can't be bothered to clean or at least tidy up a bike for sale, it's like they drag them out of the shed, google the going price of a similar model, and that's the price. Doesn't matter if the one they saw listed was 100% correct and fully restored. I also wonder if it's the family of the previous owners selling these things, after the old guy dies and the family thinks they are sitting on gold.
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

The days of $100 bikes are long gone! Of course fools abound, but what do they know?

I actually did get mine outta the crate in 1970 for $350.00 complete with battery and a tool kit.

Where is Dr. Who when you want him?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Roger, these pattern Indian guards are a real problem. Some time ago I bought a pattern Indian made rear guard from a guy who sells repro parts at a swap meet here in Australia. The main problem is that the radius of the guard is wrong, none of the mounting holes matched and not by a small amount. The other problem is that they are made in three pieces. The centre with the rib and the two side walls and welded (poorly) along the length of the guard, then ground back (again poorly). An awful lot of filler would be needed for them to look presentable. I returned the guard and got my refund.

Nieuwe pagina 1