Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The joys of France

It seems that the country is to change forever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16503341

A France without mademoiselles..It doesn't bear thinking about.

I suppose there are still the crêpes and the calvados but I certainly shan't be visiting Armentières again.

Re: The joys of France

More PC nonsense...I notice in the UK the term 'actress' is never used now...The women in that profession are now 'actors'. I'll live with it, now we are 'equal' at least I'll no longer have to give up my seat, open doors, let women go first, carry any heavy objects, fix the car or do any other 'mens jobs' they can't manage... ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

So how long before the retirement age is made the same?

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

This new law or regulation about women's titles reminds me of the town in Italy which outlawed the use of fish bowls with curved glass because it gives the fish a distorted view of the world! All PC is not just useless, it's harmful and ridiculous.

Ian: I've already been living this for years. For example, if anyone looks at me funny for not holding a door for a "lady" or not giving up my seat on the train (which I make a point not to do), I simply tell them that we now have legally-mandated equality and I can't treat women differently than I would treat men, on risk of being accused of discrimination. That shuts them up real quick and usually I can smell the wood burning in the brain cavity in coming to an "oops" moment.

As for France, sorry, but I can't be concerned with a country that restricts free speech - of which there are many examples, not just this one. In any event, I heard this morning that it's about to lose its AAA bond rating. Is it about to become another Greece? I don't know but I think its influence in the world will continue to decline.

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

Women! Typical!

email (option): glenn_mullan@postmaster.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1