Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 Saddle Height

I am 5 foot 5 and looking to get a old bike,I had a H arley Heritage softail and had to get the saddle made thinner and narrower so I could get both feet on the floor.Could someone tell me the saddle height of a BSA M20 and any low seated bikes.Hope you can help.Thank you

email (option): krcgraves2@bigpond.com

Re: BSA M20 Saddle Height

Kevin , the height is 30,5 "

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Hi Kevin..Saddle hieght can also be adjusted on the main saddle spring mountings (of the BSA M20), which are made with that facility, and by a simple alteration to the saddles front mounting brackets..Most of the British rigid framed bikes of this period fall somewhere around the figure John quoted..and most can be fairly easily modified to suit individual requirements. The 'nose' of the single saddle is already narrow so no work would be required in that area..and an M20 is about 170 lbs lighter than your Harley..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thank you Ian and John for your help

email (option): krcgraves2@bigpond.com

I am 5ft 5in short & i have no probs with my M20, so get one Kevin !!

Hi Ian,

What modification to the nose of the saddle would you suggest? Also, are there different length saddle springs or the hexagon adjustment bolts available to accomodate such a modification?

Thanks,
James

Sensible saddle modifications intended to improve comfort, MotorCycling October 1, 1942.

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1