Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield rear hub/sprocket questing

OK, I pulled the rear weel off the Enfield today and noticed the rear sprocket is pretty worn. Teeth are pointed and sharp. Does anyone know who would be able to rebuild and replace the sprocket. This is on a WD/C. THanks

email (option): v8zspeed@yahoo.com

Re: Royal Enfield rear hub/sprocket questing

I would contact Hitchcock's about that. They offer a reconditioned exchange drum/sprocket for the CO. Although it is a different part number than the C drum, they might be interchangeable. Or maybe they will restore yours.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi jesse, yes hitchcock's does sprokets you send your old one in and if they have one on the shelf they will do an exchange
cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@homail.co.uk

Thanks for the replies. I have sent them an e-mail. I know they do the the rebuilt WD/CO ones, so hopefully the can rebuilt this one.

OK, Hitchcocks was a dead end. They do their own sprockets for the CO and due to the size difference of the WD/C don't do them and couldn't suggest anyone that does. Still on the hunt.

I thought that might be the case. I have a C and a CO but never got round to comparing the physical difference between the two sprockets.
In that case, speak to John and Jane at 'Sprockets Unlimited' www.sprocketsunlimited.com/
They will put you in touch with someone who can probably machine your old sprocket off and apply a new one. Ron

Thanks Ron, I contacted them and they gave me a number to a guy that does exactly that. The drum is on it's way. I will see how it come out and report back.

Jesse

I'm sure that will work out for you Jesse, and if anyone needs chains for classic or modern bikes I would thoroughly recommend John and Jane at 'Sprockets Unlimited. There knowledge is impeccable and you couldn't wish for a more pleasant couple to deal with. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1