Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
web pic

Nice photo Henk..When was it taken?..(no tip up exhaust). and what is it in the background?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: web pic

Hi Ian,

Thats Jon Small's bike.

The building in the background is a WW2 Air Raid shelter which was part of the former RAF Chedworth airfield complex close to where Jon lives. Jon believes it was a training station. There are quite a few such shelters remaining in the woods, not very accessible by bike though.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

It was the ring piece that gave it away for me. But I didn't recognize the bike. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I know the bike well

Jon did a grand job on it

:-)

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Jon's bike does indeed look very good. Completely different lines from the later versions.

He hasn't been on the forum for a while, has he ?

I spoke to him over Christmas..he has been busy with his new career and other things..but don't worry...he's checking up on us.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ron

You are forgiven for not recognising the bike you parked next to for several days in Normandy, as Henk was clever and removed the 12th Div white diamond decal from the tank in his posted photo.

The bike is often spotted due to that distinctive marking. Rik and I had many discussions deciding on a suitable BEF marking for it. The bike is 72 next month! The 12 Div marking is a tribute to those BEF troops who knew they wouldn't be leaving on the "Little Ships" at Dunkirk, but who's bravery allowed the escape of many thousands.

The bike had a special mission to perform over Christmas. Watch this space!

Jon

Nieuwe pagina 1