WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spacer Dimension A176

I'm looking for the dimensions of this little spacer:

Front mudguard stay securing bolt distance
piece (right hand) (same as tool box) A176 1 N/A

There are two of them on the bike, one at the front mudguard, one at the toolbox clip.

I know this is minutia, but inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Re: Spacer Dimension A176

2-6537 or A176 packing piece fits between 27-9001 and tool box, 1/8 thick.

email (option): n.gentner@bigpond.com

Robb, they are possibly a pretty broad spec - this one is a hair thinner at 7/64". Mind you, while it is old and pitted and appears original I can't be 100% sure it is.

I assume the spacer is needed to provide clearance between the mudguard stay and this type of brake cable adjuster.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Never to old to learn, I didn't know about these. I did find a drawing of this distance piece. The drawing could give an idea about it's dimensions as it has a hole for a 1/4" bolt. I have the drawing from the 1940 parts list.

They might not have been fitted on bikes with a brake rod, there is only need for this distance piece is when the cable adjuster is located on the brake back plate.

Henk

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I didn't know about that one either..I have fitted a spacer there to space the mudguard stay off the cable adjuster in the past..without realising there was supposed to be one!...Then I started to use a cable with a smaller hexagonal adjuster and locknut which solved the problem and I removed the spacer...Now I am missing the spacer AND probably have the wrong cable adjuster.. ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Neale Gentner
2-6537 or A176 packing piece fits between 27-9001 and tool box, 1/8 thick.

But where does it fit ? Can't imagine!

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hi Hans..Under the 'P' clamp...Ian

Between the toolbox and clamp or between the bolt and clamp? I can't really see why there should be a spacer there but I do want one if it should be there.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

My guess would be between the 'P' clamp and the toolbox, to space the top surface of the toolbox away from the frame tube..Ian

Hi Guys,

Many thanks! This is good info for me and getting my bike correct. Ian, I appreciate your comment on the front brake concerning this little piece of steel.

I also agree that "between the "P" clamp" would be
great as my clamp from Russells (1978)is a bit cranked, and it looks like you need the spacer to give room for the tool box to sit squarely.

Ray, Thanks for the photos!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1