Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last ride out of 2011 (the dash for mussels)

Three intrepid riders (Clarky, Mike Rutland and me) had a cold but nice 100 mile round trip up to Morston today to collect some prized Morston mussels for our tea. Had a super pub lunch(thanks Mike), the Adnams ale slipped down a treat.
The coast road around North Norfolk is a real treat for motorcyclists with stunning scenery. We also bagged some kippers and dressed crabs in the process. Here's us at Morston quay-
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The building in the foreground is the original contol tower, before the larger one was built. It is hard to believe that twenty years ago clarky, me and countless others helped to restore this tower and turn it into a thriving museum. We even managed to get Raymond Baxter (who was stationed here) to come along and open the museum. Soon after Norfolk county council who own the plot it stands on got involved and F***ed the scheme royaly, resulting in what you see now. We hope the site can still be saved.
All in all a grand day out.
Happy new year, one and all.
Ride safe, Mick

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Re: Last ride out of 2011 (the dash for mussels)

Mick the coast road is one of my regular runouts,I normally go to wells-next-the-sea then onto cromer ,northrepps then make my way home on back roads to corpusty onto thursford.Your right about scenery on the coast road a nice relaxing ride just chug along taking it all in, most of the sports bikes blast along this road they miss everything Dave

hi mick yes it was a good day out ,got home ok matchless did not miss a beat roll on next year cheers michael.

email (option): michael.rutland@hotmail.co.uk

Mussels? Yuk! It's like licking phloem off a tortoise Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
Mussels? Yuk! It's like licking phloem off a tortoise Ron

How the hell did you discover that, Ron ?

Must be a good old Dorset lunch

HAPPY NEW YEAR, TO ALL

Rik, it's surprising what I've had to eat when my survival kit has expired whilst waiting to get loaded at the readymix plant sometimes Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hey Dave, didn't realize you were so close! Next time we organize a run I'll let you know. Have you been to the 40's weekend on the North Norfolk Railway? that is serious good fun.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Hi,Mick I hear the NN RAILWAY run is good my mate attends with his wd jeep.I normally go to the Heydon pub meet on a friday night have done for last 30 yrs, mind you this is now being discouraged by the locals as there is to many bikes. Also the alternative friday night is at the railway museaum at whitwell near reepham.this is a well attended meet with a welcome landlord, good ale and food and no hassle with locals....Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1