Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
March 1944 outside The George Inn Leeds

Eric Halberstadt's dad made a photo from a photo in "a" pub in England and this is the information that came with it. I think I found the pub the photo was originally made, or isn't it.

Henk

March 1944 outside The George Inn Leeds

These guys are part of the support company of 4th Battalion (Territorial) of the Royal Welch Fusiliers, Wrexham, North Wales in October 1943 they were based in Linton and were on training escerceses prior to the Normandy landings. They had been practising river crossings etc, possibly in the grounds of Leeds Castle. The photo was taken by Lt. William B. N. Kington-officer in command of support company. He worked for Border Breweries Ltd Wrexham and this was probably why the drinkers in this photo wre happy to have a pint of Shepherd Neame in preference to wishy washy Welsh ale!

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: March 1944 outside The George Inn Leeds

It looks like it Henk
They're all stood where the table is in the corner. That's a great picture

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Love the picture, always nice to get a now and then shot as well.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Used to Do a lot of work for Sheps, I lined the chimney nearest the road twenty years ago, If the phtos still there will go back and have look, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Indeed, well since this lovely pub is only 7 miles from where I live, I can see where one of my first ride outs is going to be, anyone else?

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1