Hi all

Some months ago i posted on a clutch assembly tool

Someone indicated they might make some for sale

Has anyone managed to progress this at all

Many thanks

JOB

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Clutch tool

John, I thought Ian was getting involved,with bringing some in from the states, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Not me Andrew..I'm planning to replicate my own clutch spring compressor tool at some point but it isn't at the top of my list of priorities...Unfortunately there aren't enough hours in the day or enough funding available to do everything I could do ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi andrew

I think you are right

Any news on this ian ?

I have decided that this tool is a must fir me to have in the toolbox

Best regards

Job

Hi John..Your memories going...I took the tool to Normandy for you (not) to use or look at this Summer.. ...Ian

I thought Robb is making this tool isn't he?

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Hi Leon, I think it was the one for the Gearbox axle nut that he posted for sale a few comments back.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Hi, I made a simple springcompressor and combined it with the clutchsleeve-puller, it very compact and works great, definitely worth the effort of making. I can make a CAD-drawing of it for putting on the website if wanted.

Regards, Michiel

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Hi Michiel, In principle that is the same as the tool I made. The key point being to compress the spring whilst still leaving the nut free to be engaged by hand onto the clutch sleeve thread.
Far better, and easier, than the standard tool...Ian

Hi Ian

And used it I did, but I reassembled a spare clutch, for the first time with it and did not notice I seemed to have the only clutch centre without the cork sleeve section attached

So when clutch change time arrived ths week, the simple swap over became very complicated
So now I have 2 clutches to disassemble (the original & the new one) and one to re-assemble to get me back on the road

If someone would make one, I would buy it as I don't have a "permanent" workshop or tooling there to allow me make it -

I can borrow one, but like to be that bit self sufficient

I have the simple tool Henk has kindly shown

Here's hoping for mass production :-D

Job

Hi michiel
The tool you have made is very similar to that made by Ian
Drawings would be great
Sorry my mail is crossing over, am on a ferry between Ireland & Wales just now
Best regards
Job

Hi John, I presume you are coming into Holyhead? Or Fishguard? If it's Holyhead, I could meet you with the nuts and bolts on the A55 near Queensferry. If you are coming via Holyhead please ring me/ email me as soon as you can and let me know what time you'd be passing through, no matter what time it is

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I would appreciate a drawing, a sketch with dimensions would do.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Hi Michiel,

This is bloody clever! Saves using a press to compress!

Just for the record, I've made the headstock bearing tool, and the clutch remover tool so far.

I have a wizard gauge to set the rear frame section too if anyone wants a copy of that drawing, I'm happy to email it to you. They are easy to make if you have a lathe and can measure accurately.

I want to make a gage for the forks, but cannot read the dimensions on page 41 of the standards book, and neither can anyone else who has sent me a scan.

I've drawn on Autocad quite a few parts too.

I'm trying to catalog all the fasteners currently and draw them so we know what's what. This is arduous to say the least. Anyone care to help?

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi dave

Sunny fishguard for me tonight :-)

Some day Dave :-D

Job

Hi Michiel, I agree that is bloody clever, I too dont have the ability to make a tool like that, If anybodys up for making them Im up for buying one,am about to pull my old M20 clutch apart to have go at sorting out the slipping clutch and an engine change, before next summer I will wait a while before doing this to see if someone takes this on, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Re: Clutch tool / drawing

Hi, Here is the drawing of the clutchtool how I made it, with some minor improvements. The ring only compresses the spring so you can turn the center nut by hand. As the spring is only slightly larger than the nut it won't fit over a burred/damaged nut.

Photobucket

Ian, maybe you could compare it to the one you made in order to make the optimal design ?

Robb, If you have any suggestions/improvements please let me know and I would like to see the wizard you made on the setting of the rearframe.

John OB, I am planning to made another one exactly like this drawing, when I finished that one, you can have my first, if you like (I can bring it to Stafford in april)

Andrew, maybe I can make a few more but have to source for some material, will let you know if I have.

Good luck with it, Regards, Michiel

I just noticed a mistake in the drawing: the Hexagon can't be larger than 1 inch, otherwise the nut won't go over it, Regards, Michiel

Hi michiel
That would be great, i hate having to borrow tools and like to be that bit self sufficient
Let me know how much & i can send you the €
a forum member has kindly agreed to let me have his on loan so i can get back on the road
With many thanks
Job

Nieuwe pagina 1