Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pre war Amal settings list

IS there anyone on this forum who has a pre war Amal settings list. I am trying to find out what the dimensions are for an Amal carburettor for a rare pre war BSA which had an Amal 76/110.

regards,
Leon

Merry Xmas to all of you

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Re: pre war Amal settings list

Hi Leon,

What model BSA do you have? I have a list for most models.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

OK it suits a 1936 BSA 595(600) S/V Sloper Model M10, choke size were air goes in is 15/16 of an inch, has 130 jet,106 needle jet and 4 cutaway slide.I cannot tell if its standard 2 inch centre's flange mounted or mounted on a stub. John

Hi John,

Although the model code is M10 is is not a Sloper. It is an upright cylinder 595 cc SV model. I am amazed to find it has a 15/16" bore but it does explain the 130 main jet.

Cheers.
Leon

Hi Henk,

It is a model M10 595cc SV of 85 x 105 bore and stroke.

Do you have the settings for all 1936 BSA models? If so I would very much like to have a copy.

Regards,
Leon

I'll find it today, I hope. I know where it is, about.

It's a copy of a copy etc already but we can see if we can copy it one more time.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

According to my list, the M10's carb is as follows
Type 76/130
size 1 1/16
Main jet 180
Throttle valve 6/4
Needle position 3
Float Chamber 64/079

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I think I found the information on the AJS Matchless website, if you just open each folder and subfolder there is an amazing amount of information about all kinds of bikes, even down to GS valve catalogues, Binks carbs, and all sorts of stuff it's worth spending 10 minutes on there having a look, the address is http://www.archives.jampot.dk/

Hi Leon...My BSA information gives a 180 main jet (needle position 3) but after frame number 445 a 130 main jet (needle position 2), Tappet clearance .004" and .008"..timing 9/16 BTDC....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian, have you looked on the web address above? theres's a lot of useful info on there such as early Hepolite catalogues, Terry valve springs, Standard valves catalogues, early carb reference material, speedo cable catalogues etc etc, a good reference library

Hi Dave..yes, I've been on (parts) of this site before. There are some very good tech. articles as well as the general information. From what you say I think I need to delve deeper...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1