The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vehicle Repair Data Plate

Photobucket

Hello all,

Other than the Chassis number and rebuild date, what other information can be learned from my data plate? You have to click and open up the picture to see the whole plate....why is that? Thanks!

Re: Vehicle Repair Data Plate

Is this plate available new or reproduction? Always looks like a cut-down one for a large vehicle when fitted to a toolbox cover. How big is it originally?
Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Hi, they were the same as for the large vehicles, I think they were postwar plates. I used to buy these at steam rallies every now and again, they were useful for trying to get a "timeless" registration when applying for a V5C. I think they were about 3 1/2" by 3"

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi, I can see your frame number is 290XX and the C number on the tank should be 4345653 and it was sold off by the army on 28-03-1968 at Pool 3East?0 whatever that means?

Rob Miller will probably chirp in with more info, if you want a complete scan of the Key Card, contact me offlist,

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

It's worth checking your frame to see if 29061 is actually the frame number of your bike, as I have seen people put these plates on bikes that they didn't come off and the information is irrelevant to the bike it's been put on.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

on a partly restored M20 i brought it had a C number on it which didnt match up to the bikes proper C number and the data plate looks brand new with no post war registration on it

Thank you all for the info. This is the plate that was attatched to the inside of my toolbox. My frame number is 29061. I'm glad and appreciative to find out any information anybody may have. Lex, I'll send you an email, I'd love to have a copy of the key card. Thank you!

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

Alex
Hi, I can see your frame number is 290XX and the C number on the tank should be 4345653 and it was sold off by the army on 28-03-1968 at Pool 3East?0 whatever that means?

Rob Miller will probably chirp in with more info, if you want a complete scan of the Key Card, contact me offlist,

Cheers,

Lex

"CHIRP" makes me sound like a Budgie

There are a lot of bikes in the keycards with "Pool...." as the last keeper/user/whatever.

My best guess for "POOL 3 EAST CO" would be a pool of spare vehicles atached to Eastern Command.

Its interesting that the contract number is wrong, this frame number is from contract C7287 which is correct on the keycard Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1