Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Villiers AXF?

Sorry for this not being M20 related, but does anyone know what a Villiers engine stamped with AXF 818 fits?

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Villiers AXF?

Hi Lee...Can't find that number at all..Do you have any other info?...Roy Bacons book on Villiers has the best listing of numbers I think...about 17 pages of it...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'll have a better look tomorrow and try to take a few pics. It's attached to a saucer-sized Villiers Magneto which I think also has a selection of numbers on it, but as you may have guessed by now, my Brit bike knowledge is in it's infancy.
I googled Villiers AXF and came across this page:

http://www.isdm.co.uk/VI62/engineAsp/enginetypes.htm

It has AXF in the 2/4 PreWar Mark column about 2/3 of the way down, but still doesn't ring any bells in my Jap bike oriented brain.

Hi Lee..My reading of that is that the engine type is a 16E..247cc, manufactured from 1934-40...Ian

After spending many-minutes trying to find which bike this engine originally came from, an initial investigation has brought Atco Standard to the top of the list! Bugger.
I'll try to post some photos tomorrow in the hope that someone will prove me wrong, meaning that I haven't been reseaching a mower-motor on the WD forum.....

If you have ..'Your Ass is Grass'... ..Ian

I have a lawnmower that I need the correct engine for... It's currently using an M20 motor...!

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Horror..A standard M20 engine or an industrial version?...Ian

Here are a few photos of the mystery engine. If anyone could confirm if it's mower or motorcycle I'd be grateful as my garage clear-out is helping to fund the M20 winter work.

Hello all
Is the head and barrel all one piece and what is the piston made of
I have one off a mower which has cast iron piston and the crank case looks similar

Hi Charlie

That's all I have, I'm afraid, so not much to go on. But it is looking more like a mower-motor with each post...

Nieuwe pagina 1