Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
different cams in m20

Hi there. today i checked the engine of a bike we bought two years ago. we didnt drive already with that...I was really surprised to find different cams in it. inlet 65-2444 and outlet 65-1891. they look different to the m20 b31 cams i have in the other machines. has anybody experience with that? greetings jarek

email (option): jarek@jareksgarage.de

Re: different cams in m20

Hi Jarek...They are 350 Gold Star cams..the exhaust one is manufactured 10 degrees out to normal cams to help prevent the valves hitting each other in the small(ish) 350 head.
To be honest I don't think the M20 will really benefit from fitting them...but there's no harm in trying them...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

ok, but why has someone fitted these cams into the m20?
isnt it possible, that the motor runs a little bit better? i will try that...or put them into the b31

email (option): jarek@jareksgarage.de

Hi Jarek..All sorts of things have been tried to give the M20 a bit of extra performance. Improved cams are one. Although the cams may make some improvement it is just as likely the effects will be negligable.
Engine speed, gas speed, porting etc. etc. are all inadequate in the M20 to take full advantage of better cams...but as I said..anything is worth a try.
You will find the B31 will benefit more from cam improvements...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1