Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Annual SORN to be scrapped. Changes to V5Cs too.

This won't affect non-UK riders, but here at home, SORN is to change from an annual declaration to a one-time notification.

V5C (log books) could become limited too under new government proposals. You can check Sump for more on this (www.sumpmagazine.com). Or just Google around the usual sites.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: Annual SORN to be scrapped. Changes to V5Cs too.

Well it makes sense for f*cks sake. Why should you have to declare SORN each and every year....With the onus on you and a possible fine if you don't. Just so you can keep a bike in the shed that you don't ride?

How the hell do museums cope?

Mr Angry from Poole

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Danny i dont really understand this reg to do away with log books, is this to do only with fleet cars.I just recieved a new style logbook for my B31, which is on a sorn and asked to destroy the old one,it to do with all those log books that were stolen early this year. About doing away with some yellow lines the city of westminster was going to start charging parking after 1800hrs at over £4.00 an hour.They have put a stop on it till febuary, These new regs re having cars insured if sorned and left on the road just up my road there are 4 cars being used with no tax one ran out in june.I wonder how many people have been prosocuted for not declaring the car sorned,not a lot i bet.If we could harness all the hot air that come out of the government we could have free electricity.

Hi Roger. I can't understand most of your post (you need to use some full stops and commas - and an occasional capital letter), but I think the V5C changes are intended to cut paperwork. The changes are aimed at the haulage business, but it seems likely that they will be extended. However, the "log book" is still a useful and convenient document when buying and selling, so it's hard to see how the digital age will adequately replace it.

But paperwork and postage is costing a fortune, and wages too. Therefore, automated systems are in favour. We'll just have to see how it pans out if and when bikes and cars are brought into the loop.

sorry Danny, I have put some dot and commas in, but i dont know if they are in the correct places. My grammar is not that good.

No big deal, Roger. It's the thought that counts.

The SORN rule has struck me as being so pathetic and wasteful that the past few times I have had to declare anual SORN for one of my many bikes I have written in brackets on the envelope 'Still Off Road Notification' .

Nieuwe pagina 1