Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front wheel hub speedometer drive

I have here a front wheel hub that I was going to send to Glenn, then realized it doesn't have the speedo drive extension- does anybody recognize it? Later M20 with newer gearbox-driven speedo drive perhaps? Does the speedo drive part come separate from the hub?
Vince
Photobucket

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Front wheel hub speedometer drive

You can have this as a fixed part of the front hub or as a separate part. Here a photo of both. Your hub should have 4 threaded holes to screw the separate part in place.

Henk.

BSA front wheel

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re:Hub

Thanks Henk,
Curiously the hub doesn't have the speedo drive part, OR threaded hole. Guess it would need to be drilled and tapped.
Vince

Re: Re:Hub

Even if it did have the speedo gearbox in the brake anchor plate there would have been 4 holes for the dust cap that should be there with this arrangement.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Hi, Think this part is in all cases riveted to the hub, hardly visible small countersunk rivets are used and probably machined after that so it looks like an integral part of the hub. The rivets are in the same holes as the fixing of the dustcap on the prewar hubs.

Recently dismantled one to put an early dustcover on and try to make it look like a 39 one, only to find out that the later hub is less wider than the prewar one. Obviously to compensate for the external speedogearbox....Regards, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Thanks for the help, it answeres the question perfectly- On closer inspection, I see where the rivets hold the flange in place- so looks like it could be replaced.
Anybody have a spare speedo drive flange?

I've knocked out the rivets, tapped the holes and attached the flange with screws in the past..there is just enough clearance for the heads behind the speedo drive box when fitted...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Vince, You can have the one I took off, it could use a little welding as the grooves are worn but will function.

Photobucket

Mail me your address if your interested, Regards, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1