Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Plating

I need to get some bolts and fittings plated and I was wondering if the group could help with contacts. Ideally they should be cadmium plated and Ian has kindly given me a possible contact for this. The last people I used to do dull nickle lost some parts. What finish do group members use for fastenings and what platers in the UK do you recommend. Thanks John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Re: Plating

Hi John..The usual finish for most fasteners was Cad. plate. On the BSAs a few were chemically blacked...but not many.. and some appear to have been painted as part of sub assemblies..but again not many.
I have had a few batches of cad. done at the platers I gave you the details of..as yet they haven't lost anything and do a nice job...I prepped everything before sending off for plating, removing all rust and bead blasting afterwards to ensure a consistent finish after plating...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I used to get it done on a next day service as a "foreigner" but the plant has now closed down

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hockley Polishing in Southend (01702 614067) does excellent dull chromeing. I blast and peen all parts first which does bring the cost down.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1