Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
clutch nut torque value

anybody have an idea what torque I should use. Both nut and shaft are not new but threads are still good. Thanks

Re: clutch nut torque value

I have not found a spec in all my literature. This is a RH thread part, and as the shaft turns, it stays tight.

How would you measure it? There is no way to attach a torque wrench, and you would be pushing a spring to boot.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I meant nut what fixes clutch sleeve to the gearbox main shaft.

Hi Kalle..There are no torque values laid down for the M20 as they predate the use of torque wrenches.
The way I work them out is to tighten things up until I reckon they are right and then, starting on a low setting on the wrench, work progressively upwards in poundage until the fastener undoes, noting the wrench setting at that point..
As a guide for tightening the nut in question I put the bike in gear, press down on the back brake firmly to stop anything moving and then tighten the nut as much as I can using a socket and a standard T handled socket wrench.
This seems to be sufficient as they never come undone...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'd just use a similar value to one of the later ones on an A65 or Triumph Bonneville, I should imagine they would be a similar setting

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks, I try to feel the power and hold my horses back:)

Nieuwe pagina 1