Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wm20 magdyno straps

hi all, does any one know where i can get the two long magdyno straps?
thanks barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Re: wm20 magdyno straps

And what was the finish of those straps: cadmium-plated, black paint?

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hi Hans, the 1940 spare parts list for contract C6126 says they were cadmium plated. Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

thanks chaps
barry

Hi Barry,
I have a long and a short, NOS, spare. I think you needone of each - if it's for one bike, if you need one long I have a spare... I bought a pair of each, but only need one each.
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

hi Vincent, they are for one bike, i need both of the straps as i dont have any, are they both not the same size??
barry

Barry, the magdyno straps are totally different. I bought my stainless pair from "BARLEYCORN" here in UK.
Also they must be fitted before the crankcase half's go together. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron

Who did your welding repair to the back of the timing over ?

On the opposite side my oil seal area is worn oval

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

hands up all thoses who have put the 2 halves together started to bolt up and didnt put the straps in me first (f*!^ it)

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

i know what you mean roger (f*!^it)
i thought the straps clipped on for some reason
ive fitted the engine and all the primary cover ect and i realise i need to take out the two studs for the straps, what a C#*T!!
all good fun ay
barry

Hi John..I have made a jig for setting up the casing to remachine the oil seal recess..I then fit an aluminium ring to restore it to original size. The only problem is the engine needs to be completely stripped for the work to be done, so it is a job for 'rebuild' time. Mail me if you want it done....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

roger
hands up all thoses who have put the 2 halves together started to bolt up and didnt put the straps in me first (f*!^ it)

Yes, me too
Therefore I wrote that article "Magdyno straps" on the Technical Info section

luckilly the lower stud on mine is loose and it came un done with the nut, i quess who ever took the straps off didant split the cases
thanks barry

Hi Ian

It's on the cards, but first I have to obtain another set of good wd crankcases to fit my new M21 bottom end into

I'll rebuild the "new" motor first but would like that mod done to that too

I"ll talk about that soon with you as France 2012 should be my target

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John. As far as I know there was no welding done to the crankcase. I think that's how they left the factory? I bought those cases from Henk and they are near perfect.
Here are my previous cases with an appropriate REME workshop repair. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

There's no way i would split cases again if i forgot the strap. Try a couple of half width nuts to lock up stud and unscrew. Failing that just sacrifice and mig nut onto stud and undo! I would think using a bolt instead of a stud would be good enough, but only that one.

I have the sad feeling that hardly anybody sees the wealth of information on the Technical Info part of the website

looking at that REME repair i was wondering is the outer diameter of the brass disc which just only fit the outer edge of the timing case in 2 places in this way it locates the hole in the correct place maybe this outer diameter of the brass disc could be used as a jig

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1