Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight clip anyone?

Hi All,

Just a quick post to see if anyone has a spare headlight clip they'd like to sell?
It's for a '44 M20 with a 6 1/2 inch headlight and it's the clip that holds the rim at the bottom.

Any help, or advice on where to find one, will be gratefully recieved.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Headlight clip anyone?

Hi Lee..That is the clip for an MU42 and is not correct for the DU42. The DU42 clip is a flat clip with formed ends. In a DU42 shell the slot to take the rim clip is cut the opposite way to that in the MU42 to accommodate the different clip profile and the retaining spring for the clip is also of a different pattern...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I think you'll find Bantam John has repro clips for the DU models.....If you care to deal with him. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Jiri Horice has complete lamps with the flat clip.

http://www.vintage-replica.cz/svetlaE.htm

As far as I know, he makes his stuff himself so he may well be prepared to sell a clip separately.

Thanks for the tip Rick. I've had a look at his site and stumbled across this page:

http://www.vintage-replica.cz/209.E.htm

Does anyone know if the clip at the bottom of the page is the correct one?

Also, who's Bantam John, Ron?

That's the right clip Lee...though there is a possibility you might have to 'tweak' it to get a perfect fit (but maybe not),,to the right of the clip in the photo that piece of curved spring wire is what retains the clip into the headlamp shell...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian

I'm glad you mentioned the other bit as I had no idea what it was!
My shell has seen a few post-war mods and I might need a photo of the shell hole/mount at somepoint so I can give it that war-time look once again. If anyone is taking pics of the inside & outside of the shell, I'd be grateful for a look.

Thanks all.

Lee, most of us in the UK know Bantam John (John Phelon) from Sheffield 01246 290021. He has been buying up every motorcycle dealer that he can get. Consequently he has amassed a vast stock of spares. He probably has the largest stock of bearings and pistons in the country. It's just that he's not on the internet, keeps everything in his head and can be a bit frustrating to deal with. He's usually at the major jumbles and is quite pleasant when you meet him. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1