Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on the London Low Emissions Zone - it's worse than you think

Have been talking today to Transport for London's Press Office. On their website, it shows that some 4x4 utility diesel vehicles and pick-up trucks are also affected by the new laws (see elsewhere on this site).

Transport for London (TfL) confirmed this. Many diesel vehicles such as Land Rovers and possibly Range Rovers and various pick-up trucks that weigh more than 1.206 tonnes and registered before January 1st 2002 will also have to pay £100 per day to enter the zone. The key word, I think, is "utility".

I've also been talking to bike dealers (for a trade feature I'm working on). Many are selling their vans and can't afford to replace them. I suspect that for one or two, this will be the last straw and they'll be opting out completely.

Prices will rise. The bike trade will be hit. It will be that much harder to transport bikes through the M25 no-go zone. Expect some other collateral damage. Bike events could be seriously affected if they fall within the zone.

Don't get caught out. Check exactly how the changes affect you - but TfL say you will get a warning on the first offence. Small mercy.

No word on how this might be spreading, except that Norwich is implementing a smaller zone (possibly for heavier trucks only), and Oxford is introducing a zone regulating bus exhaust emissions (unsure of the details). But you know how it is with these things. Like many diseases, it gets worse rather than better.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: Update on the London Low Emissions Zone - it's worse than you think

as i said before my 1992 landrover defender 90 tdi station wagon is exempt but a friend who have a 1992 defender tdi will not be allowed even though it has windows because it is registered as a utility if someone who converted it had altered the logbook it would have been exempt and they wouldnt let him alter it now he sold it to someone in hampshire daft isnt it i know a few painter and decorators who have to give up their vans and maybe jobs

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

I'm glad I live in the country where the only threat from emissions comes from the rear end of various farm animals...Traffic lights, speed cameras, emission zone charges, congestion charges, traffic jams...what a nightmare. The only one of those five that affects me within a 10 mile radius is a few sets of traffic lights.. .... Fish and Chips in the Metropolis are bloody expensive as well... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

And no gravy!!! Or curry sauce!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi Dave...'Culinary Resources for London' probably banned them... ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

What amazes me is that you have a law enforcement agency large enough to enforce and legislate this brew ha ha. I cant imagine the cost of the bureaucacy associated with the creation of such a vast and complicated set of regulations. Good luck with it.

It amazes us too.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Nieuwe pagina 1